This Policy details RANZCOG’s ongoing obligations to you with respect to how RANZCOG manages your data and/or personal information, as collected through the RANZCOG ALEC website. RANZCOG is committed to ensuring the privacy of individuals, in accordance with applicable privacy principles, that is, the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) and the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) contained in the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ) and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
- What Data do we collect?
Through the RANZCOG ALEC website, RANZCOG may collect personal information such as names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, and any other personal information provided by you through your use of the enquiry forms and application forms.
The RANZCOG ALEC website also uses Google Analytics to collect data, including cookies, from its users, and may record such types of data, includes but is not limited to:
- Unique visitors and their number and timing of sessions;
- Requested pages, downloads, search terms used, posted forms, status and errors, hits and bytes downloaded per directory, file, and file type;
- Entrance pages, exit pages, click paths, click to and click from and length of session;
- Domains, IP addresses and the countries from which access occurs; and
- Browsers, platforms, and bots.
- Why do we collect Data?
RANZCOG only collects personal information as needed for a particular function or activity. The type of personal information collected will depend on your relationship with the College.
Functions and activities of the College and the ALEC website include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting, supporting, providing and improving Continuing Professional Development (CPD), education and training;
- Enabling planning, policy and service development and marketing, advertising or otherwise promoting the College;
- Procuring funding, donations or other support for the activities of the College; and
- Enabling training and assessments.
Information may also be used for secondary purposes which directly relate to the primary purpose of collection or any other purpose which is authorised by the individual, or which is required or authorised by the law.
RANZCOG may disclose personal information amongst its staff, officers, committees, and other bodies where appropriate and necessary in carrying out your enquiry and also to better achieve RANZCOG’s primary, secondary, or ancillary functions. RANZCOG may also disclose your personal information to certain third parties in order to provide or undertake any services that may be requested by you. The types of third parties to whom your personal information may be disclosed to includes, but are not limited to:
- Providers of goods and services to RANZCOG; and
- Entities and institutions who provide services or undertake activities in conjunction with or in association with RANZCOG;
- Where the College collects an individual’s information from someone else, or another entity, to that person or entity;
- Where the law requires or permits the College to do so; and
- An individual’s agent (with an individual’s authority).
RANZCOG will also collect personal data through Google Analytics to deliver, maintain, and improve services provided by the RANZCOG ALEC website, for example, the processing of terms searched on the website in order to return results, and tracking outages or troubleshooting issues reported by you.
- How do we collect Data?
Personal information may be collected through the enquiry form available on the RANZCOG ALEC website. RANZCOG will ensure that this information will be stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, or disclosure. When this information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, RANZCOG will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, this type of personal information may be securely stored by RANZCOG and kept by us for a minimum of seven (7) years.
All specific requests for personal information from a third party will be documented. Otherwise, RANZCOG will not disclose your data and/or personal information unless required or authorised by law.
Other personal data, examples of which are provided in section (i) of this Policy and is collected by Google Analytics, will be stored securely by Google and retained for different periods of time depending on what it is. Most of this data collected is anonymised automatically at the time of recording, and some of this data may be deleted automatically as well. Other data will be retained for longer periods of time when necessary for legitimate business or legal purposes, and this data may be kept for a minimum of seven (7) years.